Please note that only digital material
will be accepted for oral presentations. Speakers may submit their presentation material online prior to the congress. The presentations will be transferred to the session rooms electronically. The material remains the property of the speakers.Please note that the use of own notebooks and presentation equipment is not allowed.
Speakers are reminded to check in at the preview centre's welcome desk at least 90 minutes prior to their scheduled presentation
, even if they have already uploaded their presentation prior to the meeting.
Onsite presentation upload procedure:
- Check in at the preview centre's welcome desk to receive your login details
- Log into an available computer and upload your presentation
- Presentations can be checked in presenter mode and edited onsite
- Make sure to have your portrait picture taken for the EUROSPINE 2017 webcasts
- Data carriers: Please use one of the following data carriers: USB stick, external hard disk. The presentation should not be saved solely on a notebook, hand held, (PDA's...).
- PowerPoint versions that can be used are: 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013. Save your PowerPoint presentation as ".pptx", ".ppt" or ".pps". Do not use the "pack&go" function. Please make sure that all movie files are saved separately on the data carrier.
- For embedded movies please use "mpeg1", "mpeg2", "wmv" or "avi". For best replayability please use only common and widespread video encodings (codecs), preferably in their newest version.
- File size: The size of one presentation should not exceed 500 MB, if uploaded online prior to the meeting. The size limit for presentations uploaded onsite at the preview centre is approx. 1GB (it is however recommended that presentations do not exceed 500 MB).
- For images use ".jpeg"/".jpg" or ".gif" formats. Please be aware that Office 2007 and newer does compress images by default, which may lead to reduced image quality. Disable image compression before saving/inserting images, to prevent this.
- Please use 4:3 as presentation format.
- Flash-animations are not supported. Should they be essential to your presentation please contact the EURSPINE Office.
- All files should be in the same folder. Files not included in the presentation (movies...) should be named numerical in ascending order (e.g.:1.mpg, 2.bmp, 3.wmv, 4.jpg...).
- Do not use any passwords or encryption for your files.
- Do not use Macros within your presentation.
- We recommend using default fonts like Calibri, Arial, Verdana or Times New Roman only. If you have to use other fonts, please make sure that they are saved as 'embedded fonts' in the presentation (when saving the file proceed as follows: 'save as'; 'name of presentation'; under 'tools': 'safe options' and select 'embed true type fonts' and 'embed all characters').
- Please use only regular characters (a-z, A-Z, 0-9, spaces, underscore and dots) for your filenames and do not use special characters (accents, umlauts, foreign symbols.
- For mathematic symbols please use only characters that are listed under 'Latin fonts' (Unicode or DOS: Western Europe).
- Please use only "WinZip" to pack your data (free download of the current versions at www.winzip.com).
- If you are using PowerPoint for Mac or Keynote, please export your presentation as ".pptx" or ".ppt" for Windows.